“A Night In Burgundy, France” – Wine Tasting & Pop-Up Restaurant

“A Night In Burgundy, France” – Wine Tasting & Pop-Up Restaurant

Posted on Mar, 25. 2016 by

Categories: Events

Open to the public and just $10, our next tasting and pop-up restaurant will feature wines from legendary Burgundy, France. We’ll also be offering food from Kitchen Catering and Events and cheese plates by Flora Artisanal Cheese. So, come hungry, bring friends and make a night of it. We love seeing new faces.  We’ll get started at 5:30pm and will go until 8:30ish.

Date: Wednesday, March 30th – 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Location: 606 Rivanna Ave (just off Harris St.)
(Park in any of the nearby business lots after 6pm)

ABOUT THE WINES:

Maison Shaps Cremant de Bourgogne Rose
One of my favorite sparkling Rosés. I buy it by the case so I can enjoy the playful bubbles and elegant Burgundian Pinot Noir all summer long. The best of both worlds…what’s not to love.
$26.38 (Regularly $32.99)

Albert Bichot Secret de Famille Blanc 2012
A lovely nose of pure citrus, white flowers, oak and minerals. Medium bodied on the palate, with good concentration and very good finesse. 80% of this fruit comes from the Mersault border and the other 20% from St. Romain. A steal at this price.
$19.80 (Regularly $24.75)

Patrick Miolane Chassagne-Montrachet “La Caniere” Blanc 2013
From 30 year old vines, fermentation uses only native yeasts, and continues for between 15 and 20 days. The wine is then aged in barrels for 36 months. The nose is captivating with white flower notes. On the palate, the mineral quality of the soil is clear, and the wine has a composed, long finish. Drink it now or wait for 7 to 10 years to see it shine it’s brightest.
$39.20 (Regularly $48.99)

Dominique Mugneret Passetoutgrain 2013
A blend of Pinot Noir and Gamay. This wine offers an intriguing nose of baking spices. On the palate, crisp and refreshing cranberry and pomegranate make this a delightful warm weather red.
$13.20 (Regularly $16.50)

Domaine Bachelet-Monnet, Maranges 1er Cru “La Fussière” 2013
A fascinating nose of barnyard, strawberry, cranberry, forest floor earthiness, and floral notes. On the palate, cherry, bacon, mushroomy earth, cinnamon, clove, olive, tea, and vibrant minerality. A very complex, elegant wine that will only improve over time. Buy several and open one every couple of years to witness the beguiling progression of great Burdundy
$30.40 (Regularly $37.99)

Domaine Nicolas Rossignol Beaune 1er Cru “Les Reversees” 2013
40 year old vines produce aromas of blackberry, black raspberry, black cherry and minerals that show an almost liqueur-like ripeness. Dense but vibrant too, with its slightly roasted black fruit flavors showing impressive precision and energy. Spreads out nicely on the back end, finishing with a note of maraschino cherry and nicely buffered tannins. A wine that will improve with age and can go for 20+ years.
$66.00 (Regularly $82.50)

Comments are closed.